top of page

BERTRAMS
Laid out on the farm Doornfontein and proclaimed on 16 August 1889. Named Bertramstown after Robertson Fuller Bertram, who had bought the farm and laid out the township.
Row Houses
-
Row Houses, cnr Ascot st & Queen – These row houses were designed by Mr H Ibertson for the owner Mr FJ Chapman. Called Chapman houses at the time. These houses were built in 1905.
Synagogue
-
Synagogue, Kimberley st Lorentzville The cornerstone was laid by Mr Kalman Cohen on 13 June 1926
bottom of page


