
JEPPESTOWN
Named after Julius Gottlieb Ernst Christian Jeppe (1821-1893), partner in the Ford and Jeppe Estate Company which established the suburb.

Old Jeppe Post Office
-
Old Jeppe Post Office, 315 Main cnr Gus – Built by the publics work department of the ZAR. The foundation stone was laid on 15 December 1897 by Mr CF Obermeyer, chief superintendent of the department.
Salisbury House
-
Salisbury House, cnr Marshall and Berg St – This building was built in 1903. The cast-iron was imported from Glasgow in Scotland.
St Mary’s College
-
St Mary’s College, Cnr Marshall & Berg st. This Building was designed by JF Beardwood. The foundation stone was laid in November 1903. Now operated as a private school, St James Prepatory Primary School.
Julius Jeppe Monument,
-
Julius Jeppe Monument, The Oval – This monument was erected in 1895 to the memory of Julius Jeppe who died in 1893. Jeppes township were named after him.

Synagogue at the Oval
-
Synagogue at the Oval
Grand Station Hotel
-
Grand Station Hotel, 302 Main St cnr John Page – designed by AH Reid & ACB Williams. This building was erected in 1896.
Saint Mary’s the Less Church
-
Saint Mary’s the Less Church, cnr John Page and Park st – This Anglican church foundation stone was laid on 10 September 1889. This is the oldest extant building in Johannesburg.
Jooste & Bryant Building
-
Jooste & Bryant Building, 299 Marshall St cnr Betty st – 1906 – clear example where Boer and Brit work together in business, merchants in Cape and imported brandies.

Osborne Pharmacy
-
Osborne Pharmacy, 325 Marshall St cnr Maddison – This building was erected in 1898
Shopfronts marshall St
-
Shopfronts Marshall St - these shops are the trading stores occupied by Indian merchants for generations
Cosmopolitan Hotel
-
Cosmopolitan Hotel, Cr Commissioner & Albrecht St – Designed by Arthur & Walter Reid in 1899 and completed in 1902.

Tilehurst
-
Tilehurst, 429 Marshall st – This house accommodates the Hong Ning Chinese Aged Home. Circa 1905
St John The Divine Church
-
St John The Divine Church, 40 Scott St – Built in 1904. This Anglican church was designed by GAH Dickson. The cornerstone was laid by Edith Grace Jeppe on 4 June 1904. (Edith Grace was the wife of Julius Jeppe)









